Residential & Commercial Hardwood Flooring Experts
Hardwood Flooring Installation Company Servicing All of Maryland, Virginia, District Of Columbia
At METRO FLOORING CONTRACTORS, we are your provider of quality, brand-name hardwood flooring for less. We make it easy to find the right hardwood to meet your needs. Whether you are re-flooring a single room or your entire home, we have the products, selection, and help you need to make a smart investment. As part of our services, we offer free flooring estimates and also free flooring measures.
Let us know what you’re looking for, and we will find it for you.
Engineered hardwood core is made up of multiple layers of wood stacked in a cross-grain configuration which minimizes expanding and shrinking.
Solid Hardwood Flooring
The name says it all. It’s milled from solid wood and comes unfinished, so you can apply your own stain, or pre-finished for one less step and an easier installation.
Waterproof Hardwood Flooring
Superior performance in wet areas, such as basements and bathrooms and provides easy maintenance for spills. Dent resistance and extreme durability.
The Classic Look of Stylish Hardwood
BOOK ON-SITE APPOINTMENT
Hardwood flooring has long been the mark of a quality home, and you’ll find a wonderful selection of engineered hardwood options when you visit Metro Flooring Contractors. it’s easy to see the most popular styles and woods on the market.
We sell and install quality engineered hardwood flooring from the leading manufacturers in the industry. We have a wide variety of domestic and exotic species, so you’ll have no trouble finding an affordable wood that’s perfect for your décor.
Domestic specie Oak, Maple, Hickory, Birch, Walnut, American cherry
Exotic species: Brazilian cherry, Acacia and many more.
All the Popular Hardwood Flooring Sizes and Types.
Find Out More
In addition to choosing the different species we have, you can pick the right size and style of engineered wood for your remodeling, flipping, or new construction project. Sizes 3 in, 5 in 7 in. 9 in. 12 in. Types Wire-brushed Hand-scraped Distressed Smooth Professional installation is available for all of our engineered hardwoods.
WHY CHOOSE HARDWOOD FLOORING?
While hardwood floors are typically considered a design feature, they can also be thought of as an investment thanks to their longevity and high return on investment. They can add value to your home and help you sell it. This sustainable flooring also requires less energy and water in production, and it can be recycled if you ever choose to swap it for a different flooring solution.
Hardwood floors offer several other benefits too, including the following.
Even when hardwood floors get dented or scratched, they can easily be refinished to look as good as new. If an area is damaged, you can replace the wood in that spot alone rather than making changes to the entire floor. So, take some time and check out our hardwood flooring products that will last a lifetime.
Easy To Maintain
You won’t have to do much to maintain the look of your hardwood floors. In fact, too much cleaning can damage them. A regular maintenance schedule will involve sweeping and vacuuming over the hardwood to remove dirt, pet dander and dust. Hardwood flooring resists stains and spills too, so you won’t have to worry about deep cleaning.
Browse some of our easy to clean and maintain hardwood flooring solutions from major brands like Bruce hardwood & Armstrong.
Hardwood flooring has long been the mark of a quality home, and you’ll find a wonderful selection of engineered hardwood options. Best of all, regardless of your home’s architecture or decor, you’ll find a hardwood floor that matches. That’s one reason of many that these versatile floors will never go out of style.
What to Consider When You’re Choosing Hardwood Flooring in Washington, D.C., and Beyond
Before choosing a new hardwood option based exclusively on the wood’s color, you’ll want to ensure that you can continue enjoying your floor for years to come. To that end, consider these factors:
- Lifestyle and traffic: Your lifestyle can play a role in what kind of wood flooring you should go with. Households that frequently entertain or experience high traffic will need a harder wood to keep the floor from getting scratched up and dented. If you’re installing the wood flooring in a less frequently used room, a softer wood may be a great solution.
- Children and pets: Children and pets can also damage softer woods. From pet nail scratches to toddlers throwing toys around, both pets and kids can lead to floor damage with the wrong flooring. Fortunately, you can install a harder wood that holds up and stays looking its best no matter who is playing in the space.
- Species of wood: Species of wood can be divided into domestic and exotic. Domestic woods include cherry, maple and oak, while exotics include teak and jatoba. The appearance of the wood can vary based on the species as well as the price. Exotic woods are harder to acquire, making them more costly.
- Solid or engineered wood: Solid hardwood, or solid pieces of wood in plank form, can be sanded down and refinished repeatedly. This feature will be beneficial if you expect many scratches and dents. Keep in mind, however, that solid wood is affected by humidity, so it doesn’t work well in moist environments like below-grade basements. Engineered wood, on the other hand, has a base of high-density plywood with real wood glued on top. While the top is thin, it does work better in moist environments compared to solid wood flooring.
- Pre-finished or unfinished wood: Pre-finished woods are already stained, while unfinished woods are raw. With pre-finished flooring, you’ll be able to install right away, but with unfinished flooring, the product will have to go through the process of being sanded down, stained and finished before it can be installed in your home or commercial building. Remember that unfinished flooring will add more time to the installation process because of these additional steps.
What Does the Hardwood Flooring Process Look Like?
METRO FLOORING CONTRACTORS has a team of mobile sales reps who can provide you with in-home hardwood flooring samples in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. When you work with us, you’ll be able to view our brands and color options and see what the flooring samples look like next to your furniture and decor. During this time, we can help you narrow down your options and come up with the best hardwood flooring solution for your style and needs.
While our contractors are with you, they can also provide you with floor measurements and a free in-home estimate. Once you decide on your flooring, our team will safely remove your current flooring from your home or commercial building. We guarantee next-day professional installation, so you can have the floor of your dreams as soon as possible.
Benefits You’ll Receive From Working With METRO FLOORING CONTRACTORS
When you trust the team at METRO FLOORING CONTRACTORS to handle your hardwood flooring installation in Maryland, Virginia or the District of Columbia, we guarantee that you’ll experience a quick turnaround and special discounted pricing. In fact, if you find a better price somewhere else, just let us know! We offer a price match guarantee on all major hardwood floor brands. We even provide many forms of easy financing.
With all of our hardwood floor sales, we include installation warranties, so you can feel confident in your decision to trust METRO FLOORING CONTRACTORS.
Contact METRO FLOORING CONTRACTORS to Get Started on Your Hardwood Flooring Project Today
METRO FLOORING CONTRACTORS offers local hardwood flooring installation services in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. We have decades of experience in the flooring industry. Whether you prefer an antique finish or a sleek modern style, our extensive inventory and experience will help make your hardwood floor desires a reality.
Don’t want to leave the comfort of your home to browse our options? No worries! We can provide you with a free, in-home consultation. You’ll be able to chat with our team during this process while learning more about your flooring options. Sign up for an in-home consultation today.
Let us know if you have any questions about our inventory or services. We look forward to providing you with unbeatable customer service and brand-name flooring for less.