Your pets bring a great deal of joy and happiness into your home, but they can also cause damage to your floors. From house-training accidents to nail scratches from your dogs running around and playing inside, your flooring can undergo a lot of daily wear and tear.
Pet owners need durable, pet-proof flooring that can effectively withstand these unique challenges. Here at METRO FLOORING CONTRACTORS, we’ve got you covered. With our brand name flooring solutions, we’ll help you spend less time maintaining your floors and more time playing and creating memories with your furry friends.
What Features Should Pet Owners Look for in Flooring?
Pet owners should focus on a few key features when narrowing down their flooring options. Your new flooring should be:
- Easy to clean and maintain: Your dog might occasionally track in mud or shed all over your floors. To make your life easier, choose a flooring material that is easy to clean and requires minimal maintenance to keep it looking its best.
- Water-resistant or waterproof: Accidents or spilled water bowls can lead to water damage that looks unsightly and can be hard to repair. Choose a floor that is water-resistant or, even better, waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about stains or warped floors.
- Durable and resistant to scratches and damage: Pet nails or hard dog toys can dent and scratch up your floors. Make sure to go with a sturdy, resilient flooring solution that can handle the abuse and continue to look great in your home.
- Comfortable: Some floors are slicker than others. Having a floor with some traction will help keep young pets stable as they run around and play. Textured flooring will also help elderly dogs move around with ease.
Pet-Proof Flooring Solutions at METRO FLOORING CONTRACTORS
METRO FLOORING CONTRACTORS has the functional yet stylish flooring options Baltimore pet owners need. We carry:
- Carpet: Our pet-proof carpet was designed with pet owners’ needs in mind. Our selection boasts carpeting that resists stains and odors and hides dirt and pet hair. Browse our easy-to-maintain carpet from leading brands like Shaw and Mohawk and pet-proof your home today.
- Hardwood: Our pet-proof hardwood floors deliver superior performance and style. We carry waterproof hardwood floors in both domestic and exotic species from brands like Armstrong and Bruce. Our quality hardwood floors offer exceptional durability and resist denting to hold up to even the most energetic pets.
- Vinyl: Vinyl floors will add the same warmth and timeless look of authentic hardwood but for less. Vinyl flooring’s design provides it with a long lifespan, resistance to water damage and minimal upkeep requirements. You’ll be able to enjoy a realistic, natural-looking floor while staying within budget.
- Laminate: We carry laminate flooring that is pet-proof as well. Laminate flooring comes in both domestic and exotic species. Choose from traditional, modern or rustic styles to achieve your desired look.
Schedule Your In-Home Appointment and Start Pet-Proofing Your Home
METRO FLOORING CONTRACTORS provides homeowners with pet-proof flooring throughout Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. Just arrange an in-home consultation and one of our mobile sales reps will visit your home with flooring samples so you can decide which product best fits your space and lifestyle.
After discussing your needs and coming up with a flooring plan, our professionals will provide you with an accurate estimate and information on our financing options. We also offer a price match guarantee on our major brands to ensure you get the best possible deal.
To get started, schedule your in-home appointment today. With guaranteed next-day installation and a lifetime installation warranty, we make sure you can be confident in the quality of your new pet-proof floor.